13.2.08

MerV's first post: Manchester United jersey collection

Cheerios!

Here's creating my very first blog: now that I've decided to put up a pictorial of my frenzied jersey, well, collection over the past months. This collection craze was sparked off by the promising class of 2007/2008 squad, as long as watching United games with my buddies at ManUtdSG (hey folks!).

And so, I bring to you my humble collection of Manchester United jerseys collected over the past few months.


United jersey collage(Just a preview of my humble collection, heh heh!)


By no means is this collection exhaustive, I might add to this collection with a few more really rare and vintage jerseys, as well as at least two more modern away shirts missing from the library of United shirts I have already.

Yes, it had been a massive investment on my part, I suppose I would only heartbreakingly part with my dear collection only if I am convinced I can find a more deserving home for these babies. So yes, I am mostly a collector and not a seller, but if it puts a smile on another person's face to hold in his possession one of my shirts, I would consider it a joy to part with it (and use the amount collected for something meaningful, like Clarah's education).


Do look out for regular blog entries - which I hope I can blog regularly, blogging's not really my cup of tea - and little tidbits on the history of each United shirt proudly won by generations of United players and legends. UNITED FOREVER!


MerV


*****-----*****-----*****-----*****


A little more about my love affair with Manchester United:

I've loved since 1992 (yes, the season before Cantona joined the Red Devil revolution and catalyzed the winning of the first-ever Fremier League championship). It was 16-year-old Ryan Giggs who caught my imagination with his super-quick run-at-you wing play - a mesmerizing sight to behold.

(Yes, I know there are some of you United fans who moan at Gigg's lack of pace now, cut our hero some slack man! He's served us so many years with so much fantastic football, forever a United legend.)

Which true United fan can ever forget the heroic winning solo goal against Arsenal in the FA Cup semi-final that led to our ultimate Treble glory in 1999??



Yes, the best year of United's already glorious reign in the 90s and millennium. (Remember the double Double in the 90s? Or a hat-trick of Premiership wins from 1999 to 2001?)

Since then, we've won 9 Premierships (16-time champion in all, gonna overtake Liverpool soon!), 2 European Cups (1968, 1999), record number of FA Cups (and counting!), and a legacy that inspires millions of football fans worldwide.

How fitting it would be for this championship squad to win another almighty Treble (yes, who can forget that year! The best year of my pre-married life: My United won it all! Plus I met my darling wife *heh heh*). All on the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the rebuilding of the Busby Babes dynasty.



*****-----*****-----*****-----*****

In case you're wondering who's Clarah, she's the second woman in my life *kekekekeke*... OK, one day I'll blog about her (and Fern, the most fantastically beautiful woman in the world) in another blog entry. Meanwhile, I'm still planning to keep this blog as a jersey-collection site. Later!


*****-----*****-----*****-----*****-----*****-----*****

7 comments:

SgGooner said...

first ole! good stuff, merv. keep writing...

MerV s.a.k.a. mervcustom said...

Thanks Kev *grin*

Might extend the blog to talk about Clarah, see first. For now, I'm just gonna talk about my jersey collection.

MerV

Anonymous said...

hey, great to see ya blogging merv. will look forward to read you everyday then :)

Siren said...

Oy!!!

I tell you, my Daddy bought me a Man Utd jigsaw puzzle to celebrate that Treble lol what a joke! You can have it if you want sweetie! :D

Nice first post by the way and I hope to see more of you!! Blog-wise I mean.


x

MerV s.a.k.a. mervcustom said...

Steve-O: definitely NOT everyday lah *that's crazy*!

heh heh... well, at least I'll try, bro


Siren: Really? I'd dearly love that man *smile*... awwwwwwwww what a treasure you're missing out :P

MerV

Unknown said...

Gooner all the way!!

hope u get as many farts here, or what-do-you-call-it??

MerV s.a.k.a. mervcustom said...

hey Tiong!

hahahahahahahhaa ...

I call it "Olés!" ... to honour our Olé Gunnar Solskjær (yah, you could say he was a Gunnar *lol*)

MerV



Blog owner's (MerV) note:
All content, including text and pictures, are the property of MerV unless otherwise stated, do respect the intellectual property ownership by seeking permission should you need to use it, especially pictures of MerV's jerseys.