28.2.08

Showcase: 1998/99 Treble season jerseys - All 5 of them!

Treble destiny is in the Old Trafford air again!!

At least it looks that way this part of the season so far...

As such, I bring to you ... not one, not two, not three, not four ... *drum roll*

*****-----*****-----*****-----*****



The 1998/99 season jerseys
(at least the ones I have)

3 Treble jerseys

Treble season Champions' League kit Schmeichel's treble jersey


TREBLE IMMORTALITY!
Treble 1999




*****-----*****-----*****-----*****


Home red - For EPL and FA Cup

One of the favourite United Umbro jerseys of all time, characterised by the famous Umbro logos running down the sleeves of the jersey.

Treble shirt - home (L/S)
Treble shirt - home (TREBLE 99) height=
The long-sleeved one, one of the first few I bought, from a rather nice Singaporean chap who didn't really wear it (it stank of the long-term-closet smell when I bought it! *argh*). So, it found a caring owner who gives it the love it's due! Printed the TREBLE 99 later.


Treble shirt - home (S/S)
Treble shirt - home (S/S)
The short-sleeved one, a very nice commemorative edition forever etching our elite (damn I hate that word) historic triumph. Saw the special logo yet? The chap who sold me this sold a lot more jerseys to me, apparently he needed to get married (or so I was told). His loss, my gain *grin*

Pity Stam left acrimonously (at least then).



UEFA Champions' League (UCL) jersey

Umbro made this jersey for our 1997-2000 UCL campaigns, with the 1999-2000 season jersey bearing two stars for our two European triumphs (and more to come!) I don't intend to get the two-star version - for those who are egging me on to buy more (evil man, you!) - not unless I'm offered a really really good deal.

Treble shirt - UCL
Treble shirt - UCL (KEANE 16)

Fitting that I should be able to hold a UCL jersey bearing Captain Roy Keane: who can forget his inspirational performance in the UCL semi-finals away against Juventus? I could go on and on and on about that awesome victory, but that one for another time. Again, credit to that gonna-get-married bloke.


Away white jersey - the "Ryan Giggs" one

Showcased earlier, the famous jersey known for the Ryan Giggs wonder solo goal against Arsenal, against all odds, to clinch our place at Wembley.

(and oh, did I mention that after the showcase, we whacked Arsenal 4-0?? :)

Treble shirt - Away (L/S)

Will look to print GIGGS 11 soon.


3rd away kit (black)

One thing I like about this jersey is that the black material is comfortable and kinda shiny, plus the lime-green strips enhance its classy feel. Not many notable matches played in this kit though.

Treble shirt - 3rd kit
Treble shirt - 3rd kit
Treble shirt - 3rd kit

(Should have tried using camera flash, saw before that the UMBRO at the back would reflect the shine man!)


Goalkeeper's shirt (EPL) - Peter Schmeichel's swansong jersey

One of my favourite keepsakes, this is the famous shirt in which Peter Schmeichel stood tall and proud lifting the three trophies. Lasting memory of Schmeichel lifting the huge UCL trophy with Sir Alex Ferguson - though Schmeichel wears a different-design jersey for UCL matches (without the Umbro logo lined down the sleeves).

Treble shirt - GK
Treble shirt - GK
Treble shirt - GK


Trivial: do you know that Schmeichel wears XXXL size? His shirts are specially made for him. Literally the GREAT Dane!

Of course, I bought M sized replicas, hahahahahaha. Will be printing SCHMEICHEL 1 very soon.



*****-----*****-----*****-----*****


Well, it's been a long showcase, but I am thinking of showcasing jersey sets season by season, rather than each individual jersey (unless a particular one stands out). Let me know what you think? 'Til the next time ... look out for post-match thoughts against Fulham, if I can get into the writing groove. Cheers!

No comments:



Blog owner's (MerV) note:
All content, including text and pictures, are the property of MerV unless otherwise stated, do respect the intellectual property ownership by seeking permission should you need to use it, especially pictures of MerV's jerseys.