10.3.08

Weekend of Upsets - acroamatic

Must acknowledge that this post, as well as the title, is inspired by Kenneth's latest blog entry:

  • United's loss to Portsmouth - or should I say, United ROBBED by the referee (why am I not surprised he shares the same surname as Mr. Bean). That one was REALLY (an) upset(ting)
  • Barnsley heroically and historically knocking out Chelsea to earn their place in the semi-finals. I swear, if Barnsley win the FA Cup like I hope they will, I will buy a Barnsley jersey and print

    POO-SEA KO
    08

    Yes, I know, doesn't sound very wholesome *lol* ... but that's who Barnsley knocked out :D

  • Arsenal dropping two points against lowly Wigan. Thank you Bruce!

  • And finally - on a non-football battleground - Barisan Nasional failing to not just attain two-thirds majority, but losing 5 states! Whoa ... talk about a big comeback from the opposition.

    (Here's a little trivial Kenneth pointed out:

    * P.S. Did you know that the Democratic Action Party - part of the loose opposition alliance in Malaysia - is related to Singapore’s People’s Action Party? The similar name and the logo colours are big hints.


    (was about to put up the contrasting images of the parties, but I'm not interested to further descend this blog entry into a political commentary, so there! *grin*)




Oh well, I've 消气'ed a lil' already (let go of that bitter disappointment, for those who are learning Chinese *grin*), especially since I know our boys can and will continue to give the season a major turbo boost to grab the Premiership and Champions League that our squad are destined to win. I know we can get favourable results - and I mean winning results - against first Pool soon at Old Trafford, then Chelsea away. And finally, the mouth-watering potential title-decider against Arsenal at home. We practically pushed them all the way at the Emirates (2-2), we trounced them 4-0 in the FA Cup. We'll beat them clean fair and square this time to reclaim our rightful place.

WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE
WE'LL ALWAYS SOAR, WE'RE FLYING HIGH


I'll be missing the major blockbuster weekend against Liverpool (along with Arsenal vs. Chelski) though. No worries, no sweat.




PS. Should I label "Liverpool beating West Ham" as an upset?? *grin*

*****-----*****-----*****-----*****



Not sure if I have time to update this blog, or even this entry with pics (whole week working like crazy); be back when I can!

*****-----*****-----*****-----*****-----*****-----*****

No comments:



Blog owner's (MerV) note:
All content, including text and pictures, are the property of MerV unless otherwise stated, do respect the intellectual property ownership by seeking permission should you need to use it, especially pictures of MerV's jerseys.